About this Recipe
By: Preeti Gupta
Pav Bhaji, is indian street food. It can be eaten as a meal.
- 1 Cup peas
- 1/2 Cup Carrots
- 1 1/2 Cup Potatos
- 1 Cup Peppers (green or mix)
- 2 onion
- 3 Tomatos
- 1 inch Ginger piece
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Curry leaves 10-15
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilentro
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 tsp Hing (Asafoetida)
- 1 tsp salt (As per taste)
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Corriender Powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala
Instant Pot cooking:
- Put 2 tbsp spoon of oil 2 table spoon butter in the instant-pot add mustard seeds, add cumin. Wait till mustard seeds crack. Curry leaves 10-15.
- Add 2 mid-size onion sauté for 2-3 min. Add fine chopped ginger and green chili sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chili, coriander powder, Mango powder and 1 tsp pav bhaji masala salt 1 ½ tea spoon. Add chopped tomato sauté for 2 min.
- Add all chopped vegetables to the instant pot. Add ½ cup of water. Close the pot pressure cooker for 8 minutes.
- After steam is out the open and mash it well. Garnish with cilentro.
Step by Step Instructions
Boil all vegitables and keep then on the side.
Add 3 tble spoon of oil/butter to the flat pan. Add musturd seeds, let the heat and crack, once seeds starts cracking add 1 tsp cumin. once golden add the hing (Asafoetida), curry leaves and non spicy green chili or per your taste. Saute for a minute.
Add chopped onion, saute for 2-3 minutes. once translucent add ginger and garlic. saute is for 2 minutes. Add red pepper, turmeric, corriander powder, mango powder, pav bhaji masala. Add tomatos to it.
Start adding vegitable and mashing it and mixing. Let it cook and add little water so it is not dry.
Once cooked, Mash it with a masher. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro. Serve with lightly toasted buttered bread and choped onion and lemon.