Eggplant and potatoes
About this Recipe
By Preeti Gupta
It is delicious you can eat with rice or chapatis.
Easy and quick to make.
- 2 small to medium Potato’s
- 1 lb small Indian eggplant
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 Medium finely chopped Onion
- 1 Small to medium finely chopped Tomato’s
- 1 tbsp cut Coriander leaves
- 10-15 curry leaves
- 1 Green chilies (according to taste)
- 2 Red dried chiles
- 1 Tsp finely chopped or grated – Ginger
- 1 tsp finely chopped- Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili (as per taste)
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Mango Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
For making sprouts:
It is a simple dish.
Step by Step Instructions
Wash the eggplant and potatoes cut eggplant in 4 pieces and potatoes cubes, then and put in a bowl of water. It is very important to put it in water as they will change color.
If you have an iron pan is best. Add 3 tbsp oil in the pan. Put the heat on medium. Add cumin seeds to the oil after that add red full pepper, curry leaves and saute it.
Ater 1-2 minutes, add finely chopped onion sauté them. Cook for 2-3 minutes till little golden brown add green pepper, ginger and garlic. Saute it for another 1-2 minute so the aroma of garlic and ginger are reduced and cooked.
Add first potatos then add the eggplants. Cover the vegitable for 4-5 minutes intermitingly mixing it. once looked cooked add the spices and cook open on low to medium heat.
Once cooked add the fresh corriender leaves and serve.